Paying your Georgia Power bill is easy with several convenient options. This article provides a comprehensive guide on the available payment methods, tips for avoiding late fees, and answers to frequently asked questions.
The fastest and most convenient way to pay your Georgia Power bill is online. You can pay directly on the Georgia Power website ↗.
Benefits of Paying Online
- Fast – Your payment is processed immediately
- Secure – Your financial information is encrypted and protected
- Convenient – Pay anytime, anywhere with an internet connection
- Paperless – Go green by enrolling in paperless billing
Online Payment Options
- Checking/Savings account – Log in to securely store your bank account information for future payments
- Auto Pay – Set up recurring automatic monthly payments from your bank account
- Credit/Debit card – Log in to pay with your card through Georgia Power’s authorized processor BillMatrix
- Digital Wallet – Link your Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal or Venmo account to pay
Call 1-888-660-5890 anytime to pay your Georgia Power bill by phone using your bank account or call 1-800-672-2402 to pay with a credit/debit card through BillMatrix.
Tips for Paying by Phone
- Have your account number ready
- Enter your bank account and routing number to pay from checking/savings
- Opt to save payment info to simplify future calls
- Receive text confirmation when you pay
Mail a check or money order payable to Georgia Power including your account number to:
Georgia Power Payments
Atlanta, GA 30396
Allow 3-5 business days for mailed payments to process.
Pay at over 4,000 authorized payment locations across Georgia such as Kroger, Walmart, Dollar General and more. Bring your bill or account number.
Avoid Late Fees
Georgia Power bills are due by the due date shown on your statement to avoid late fees. If you cannot pay on time, call 1-888-660-5890 as soon as possible to discuss payment extension options.
Tips to Avoid Late Fees
- Sign up for reminders to be alerted when your bill is ready and due
- Enroll in Auto Pay to guarantee on-time payment
- Pay online or by phone up to the due date to avoid mailing delays
- Contact Georgia Power immediately if you anticipate difficulty paying on time
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a copy of my bill?
Sign up for online account access to view and download current and past bills digitally or call 1-888-660-5890 to request a copy.
What is the BillMatrix fee for credit/debit card payments?
BillMatrix charges a $2.50 convenience fee for debit/credit card payments.
How can I check if my payment was received?
Log in to your online account to see payment history instantly or call 1-888-660-5890. Mailed payments can take 3-5 days to appear.
How do I dispute a charge on my bill?
Call 1-888-660-5890 to discuss discrepancies with a customer service representative. Be ready to provide details on the charges in question.
How can I get a payment extension?
Contact Georgia Power before the due date to request an extension if you are unable to pay on time. Extensions may be available depending on account history.
Paying your Georgia Power bill quickly and easily is important. Follow the guidance in this article to choose the best payment option for you and avoid late fees. Contact Georgia Power anytime you have questions or need assistance.